The purpose of this new blog is to address the growing demand on the Florida Tech campus for good advice on sharpening our academic presence, particularly with scholarly publishing and other public-facing discourse. Your librarians stand prepared to help in this endeavor. To share the library’s perspective, we plan to address a topic per week, FAQ-style. Here are some projected topics:
- Why do I need an ORCID?
- How do I know if a journal is predatory or not?
- Can I budget Open Access fees in a grant?
- Where are we going with our online theses and dissertations?
- Can I put my CV’s papers on ResearchGate?
- How can I find my personal citation impact factor?
- How can I navigate journal impact factor metrics?
- I heard FSU has a new Open Access policy. What’s going on there?
- So the library has an Open Access fund for authors?
- What advice would you give me on crafting a scholarly online persona?
- Feel free to submit your own related questions to email@example.com .
I hope to hear plenty of suggested topics from all over campus. Tune in next week for our ORCID discussion!